Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Special Order Of The Court?

So I get back, and find out I'm up for jury duty.

Okay...no big deal.  I found out in plenty of time, and really, I'm all for serving.   I believe in the system (in it's imperfect perfectness....mostly) and since I escaped serving the first time I was called when I was 25, I'm kinda looking forward to it.

I wonder if it will be like "Twelve Angry Men"....or "The Juror".   Will it be hot and sexy like "The Practice?" Or cleverly funny like "Ally McBeal"?  What will I wear?  Will I be sequestered?  

I quickly receive my card which is complete with my juror number and instructions, so I log on to check my schedule.   There are three groups of numbers and in the third category which I fall into....there is the little added text.  It reads:  "Numbers 1216 through the number 1349 appear, by special order of the court; Friday, July 9th at 9:00 a.m."

By special order of the court?  Huh?  Me?  Why me?  What doesthismean?

The county clerk has not called me back.   So I'm left wondering!

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger