Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Favorite Movie On A Sunday Morning


Waking up to a cool morning with plenty of sunshine, the monsters snoring in my ear and Practical Magic on tv....right now I couldn't think of anything better.

I don't remember if it was much of a success commercially, but I loved this movie.

Sndra Bullock, Nicole Kidman, Stockard Channing, Diane Wiest, Aidan Quinn, and the hunky Goran Visnjic? Absolute pleasure.







I loved spotting some of my favorite actresses who really had bit parts in this movie too.  Mary Gross from Saturday Night Live (when that show was good), Chloe Webb who played Mona in "Tales of the City", and Margo Martindale who is an amazing character actress.
 
My favorite quote from the movie is at the end where Sandra Bullock says "--there are some things I know for certain: always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can."

Good advice for any lazy sunday morning.

3 comments:

Charlie said...

This was a good movie. I remember Stockard Channing from Grease when she played Rizzo.

Larry Ohio said...

I remember Mary Gross from SNL too. That was like 25 years ago!! Oh God, someone shoot me.

RAD said...

I love to sit back and catch an old flick....I have had such busy weekends this whole summer....I hope fall and winter brings back some much needed my ass on the sectional and movie time!

 
Powered by Blogger