Saturday, January 21, 2012

Night At the Movies!

This is where I saw tonight's movie "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close". 

The movie?  It was good, not fantastic, emotionally touching or any of that....it was just.....well, good.  The real treat for me was watching the flick in the Orpheum Theater in Twin Falls Idaho.

I have loved this place since I was a kid.

Remember the line in Queen Latifah's "Last Holiday", where she says to the hotel desk clerk, "Don't that ceiling just make you wanna cry?"  That's how I was the first time I saw a movie at the Orpheum when I was 9 or 10 years old.   I remember gasping and whispering to my friends in a sort of reverence.

Tonight was a treat for me, both for the movie and the venue!  Watching a movie at home is fine, but every once in awhile you need to see a movie the way they were meant to be seen: "In Style".

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger