I have several dance memories that come to mind.
- Convincing my younger sister to be my dance partner and re enacting Saturday Night Fever when I was in 3rd grade.
- Browbeating my mom to buy the Grease Soundtrack at Kmart and dancing my heart out the first chance I got.
- Dancing to the new record by Culture Club I had just purchased, having a great time only to see my Grandparents walk in the back door. (Did I mention they were my father's parents who we saw maybe once a year? Did I also mention they were bigtime Jehovah's Witnesses? --now you understand)
- My mom teaching me how to waltz when I was in Junior High.
- Dancing in the living room when I thought I had the house to myself, only to find out my dad had come home for lunch and watched me from the driveway.
- First time in a club before coming out, I was dancing with a beautiful blond girl...busting some cool moves and she puts her hand on my shoulder and tells me to "be careful", I'm going to hurt myself.
- Dancing in the New Year with the first love of my life.....
Doing the math in my head, I now realize it's been 9 years since I've danced, and that makes me incredibly sad. I think I'll have to fix that tomorrow....after I pull the curtains closed!