Tuesday, August 14, 2012

RIP Ron Palillo

"Oah! Oah! Oah! Mis-tehr Kah-Terh!"   I'll never forget his voice, or his one of a kind laugh.  Even as a tender-hearted second grader at Lincoln Elementary in Twin Falls Idaho, I identified with Arnold Horshack.  
Welcome Back Kotter was my most favorite show in the whole world, even spawning my first fan letter, though not to Horshack.   Still, I am surprised at how saddened I am at the passing of a boyhood star from so many years ago. 
Born April 2, 1949 in Conn., Palillo is survived by his partner of 41 years, Joseph Gramm, a retired actor.  According to Sacco, no cause of death has been determined but he said Palillo had not been ill or in the hospital.   Ron Palillo was a Connecticut native who lived in New York for about 40 years before he began teaching.

I didn't know he was gay...isn't that insane? 

Palillo taught acting for film and camera at G Star Academy which caters to young kids wanting to break into show business.  By all accounts he was a beloved instructor and is mourned by his students and coworkers.
Not too long ago we lost Epstein...and now Horshack.

RIP Ron Palillo
1949-2012

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger